Pages: « 1 »

Frank
New Members
Date: Jun 1, 2008 8:10:40 AM PDT
Author: Frank

Tell us why you joined the Circle of Reason or The Round Table.
-- Frank
Last modified by Admin on Jun 1 2008 8:12AM

Toriach
My reasons for joining.
Date: Oct 21, 2010 7:00:12 PM PDT
Author: Toriach

From the time that I was young I was aware that I had a phenomenally strong aka "bad" temper. One of my earliest role models in learning to control it was Spock from Star Trek. As I grew older I found the book "Spock's World" by Diane Duane, which explored the history of the Vulcan people in greater depth. From there I learned about Zen Buddhism, Stoicism, and other ideas upon which the teachings of Surak are based. Over the years I have done my best to embrace those teachings, to perfect as best I might the mastery of my passions, to practice what in Spock's World is called Cthia (Reality Truth) to the best of my ability. However like most living, thinking, feeling beings I wished for community. First and foremost of people who also attempted to use reason to guide their life, but also perhaps people who also could see the validity of the unique fusion of terrestial philosophies that is part of the artificial Vulcan one. I feel that I have now found such a group. I am looking forward to seeing what might develop out of such a grouping who seeks to act out of something other than blind emotionality.
My mind is the master of my reality. My will is the tool through which that mastery is achieved.

Frank
Welcome, Toriach
Date: Oct 31, 2010 11:02:30 PM PDT
Author: Frank

Welcome, Toriach, to The Circle. Until this forum begins to be frequented by new Circle members, it's likely to be sparsely attended! One alternative possibility you can consider is going onto Beliefnet.com and searching Groups for Beliefnet Circle of Reason. That forum has a few hundred folks and a still-ongoing dialogue. Thanks, though, for being the first to open this forum!
-- Frank

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.